Recent headlines are suggesting that sections of the country may be heading into another complete lockdown as COVID-19 infection figures continue to skyrocket. Many businesses suffered tremendously when we experienced the first lockdown, due to not ensuring a business continuity plan to enable remote work. Others never had an online sales (eCommerce) presence and could not conduct their business without being physically available.
Contrast this to those companies who had migrated their on-premise servers to the cloud, equipped their teams with virtual desktops allowing them to access all their regular work systems from any device. For them it was business as usual.
As it looks like we may be heading back to these stringent levels, Kaskade has put together a set of offerings designed to enable your business for remote work quickly, efficiently and securely. Included in this offering is:
- Migration of your on-premise server workloads into Amazon Web Services Cloud
- 30 days of data back up with options for longer data retention
- Ensuring all your teams can access the required systems securely
- Migration of your on-premise or alternate file share system to Amazon Workdocs, providing you with up 50 enterprise class secure file sharing drives, a total of 50TB storage space at no charge until 30th September 2020
- Up to 54 Amazon Workspace Windows Standard Virtual Desktops at no charge until 30th September 2020
- Setup of a Secure Virtual Private Cloud for your business
- 30 days free protection using Amazon GuardDuty – Protecting your AWS accounts and workloads with intelligent threat detection and continuous monitoring
- Basic monitoring and support
Terms and Conditions
- The offer is for new Kaskade and AWS customers only.
- An understanding of the server workloads, server size and demand will determine the monthly server costs. We will provide you with an estimate of this on analysis.
- AWS Server and infrastructure costs are billed based on usage on a monthly basis
- Migration times are dependent on amount of data and client bandwidth speeds.
- The Amazon WorkSpaces offer provides up to 50 WorkSpaces with Windows Standard bundle with 80 GB Root and 50 GB User Volumes, running in AutoStop mode for up to 10,000 hours of combined use per month across all AWS Regions where WorkSpaces Free Tier is currently available. Additionally, the Amazon WorkSpaces Free Tier provides one WorkSpace with Windows Performance bundle with 80 GB Root and 100 GB User Volumes, running in AutoStop mode for up to 200 hours, two WorkSpaces with Linux Standard bundle with 80 GB Root and 50 GB User Volumes, running in AutoStop mode for up to 400 hours, and one WorkSpace with Windows Value bundle with 80 GB Root and 10 GB User Volume, running in AutoStop mode for up to 200 hours. All new customers that start using WorkSpaces for the first time during this period from their AWS account are eligible for the Free Tier.In addition to the AWS Free Tier Terms and Conditions located here, the following terms and restrictions apply to the WorkSpaces Expanded Free Tier Offer:
- This offer expires on September 30, 2020, regardless of when you signed up for the offer or started receiving benefits under the offer. After September 30, 2020, the WorkSpaces you launched in the Free Tier will automatically be billed at the applicable hourly rate.
- Usage time accrues while you’re actively using your WorkSpace as well as the time it takes to stop after a specified period of inactivity, which by default is set to one hour. If you exceed the Free Tier limits, you will be charged the standard Amazon WorkSpaces hourly rate and WorkDocs rate for the additional resources you use.
- This offer is valid for a total of up to 54 WorkSpaces across all AWS regions for new Amazon WorkSpaces customers. When calculating your use of Amazon WorkSpaces under this offer, we will aggregate your use across all AWS regions. You will be charged standard rates for use of Amazon WorkSpaces beyond 54 WorkSpaces.
- This offer may not be combined with any other AWS discount program or license mobility benefits.
- This offer is only valid for WorkSpaces running in AutoStop mode. You will be charged standard rates for use of Amazon WorkSpaces running in AlwaysOn mode.
- This offer is only valid for Base Bundles. You will be charged standard rates for use of Amazon WorkSpaces launched with Application Plus Bundles.
- This offer is only valid for use in AWS regions where Amazon WorkSpaces Free Tier is currently available.
- AWS may terminate this offer at any time.
- This offer excludes AWS accounts managed by master payer accounts with previous Amazon WorkSpaces billing.
- Kaskade’s basic monitoring and support is charged at a minimum of R1500 per month or R150 per user and includes monitoring of the environment and one hour of support. Additional hours can be purchased as a contract or on an adhoc basis.
- All costs are ex VAT